|AFM-Raman-Nano-IR Systems||Modular AFM||Automated AFM||Practical AFM|
Webinar: AFM imaging of DNA related structures
NT-MDT is happy to announce the webinar “AFM imaging of DNA related structures”. The speaker of the webinar is noted scientist Dr. Alexander Kotlyar, Professor of Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Dr. Kotlyar will present his recent work on synthesis and AFM characterization of the following DNA-based nanostructures: Double-, Triple- and Quadruple-stranded (G4) DNA nanowires as well as circular double-stranded nanostructures and complexes of the above wires with metal nanoparticles.
Everyone is invited to join the webinar!
DATE, TIME and LINK:
The recorded webinar can be viewed here
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The George S. Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel.
Alexander Kotlyar was born in Russia in 1957. He graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1991, and then has researched biochemistry in Tel Aviv University, Israel. Currently Dr. Kotlyar is a Professor of Biochemistry in Tel Aviv University. His fields of expertise are biochemistry, enzymology of soluble and membrane bound proteins, electron transfer in DNA and proteins, time resolved spectroscopy and DNA synthesis.
His major research interests since 2001 focus around the DNA-based nanostructures. During the last 4 years he and members of his group at Tel Aviv University developed a novel method of enzymatic synthesis of long (up to 10 kbase pairs) uniform poly(G)-poly(C) double stranded DNA as well as novel. He also developed novel methods for production of long nanostrucures based on 4G and triple stranded DNA. In his research Dr. Kotlyar uses various experimental techniques, i.e. HPLC, UV/VIS absorption spectroscopy, fluorescent and CD spectroscopy and FRET analysis.
Nanoportrait of the speaker
LIST OF RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS:
- Kotlyar A.B., Borovok N., Molotsky T., Fadeev L., Gozin M. In Vitro synthesis of uniform Poly(dG)-Poly(dC) by Klenowexo– fragment of Polymerase I. 2005 Nucl. Acid Res. 33, 525.
- Kotlyar A.B, Borovok N, Molotsky T, Klinov D, Dwir B, Kapon E. Synthesis of novel poly(dG)-poly(dG)-poly(dC) triplex structure by Klenowexo - fragment of DNA polymerase I. 2005 Nucl. Acid Res. 33, 6515.
- Kotlyar A.B., Borovok N., Molotsky T., Cohen H., Shapir E., Porath D. Long Monomolecular G4-DNA Nanowires. 2005 Adv. Materials 17, 1901.
- Lomanets O., Shemer G., Markovich G., Molotsky T., Lubitz I., Kotlyar A.B. Chirality of silver nanoparticles synthesized on DNA. 2006 J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 11006.
- Borovok N., Iram N., Zikich D., Ghabboun J., Livshits G., Porath D., Kotlyar A. Assembling of G-strands into novel tetra-molecular parallel G4-DNA nanostructures using avidin-biotin recognition. 2008 Nucl. Acid Res. 36, 5050.
- Kotlyar A.B. Synthesis of long DNA-based nanowires. 2011 Methods Mol. Biol. 749, 115.
- Zikich D., Liu K., Sagiv L., Porath D., Kotlyar A.B. I-motif nanospheres – unusual self-assembly of long cytosine strands. 2011 Small, 7, 1029.